Our vision at The Hive is thriving, creative communities and we support exhibitions of interesting and inspiring visual artwork encouraging local engagement. We do not expect payment for exhibiting artwork in our gallery, instead we ask that you deliver a supporting activity.
All art forms are welcome to be submitted, though we ask applicants to consider that The Hive is a multifunctional space that can range at times from being a gig venue, a youth club and a toddler play area, so artworks would need to be secure and strong enough to encounter many groups and the odd unsupervised curious hand. As a charity operating on a tight budget The Hive will be unable to assist with the cost of transportation of artworks to and from the gallery, or the cost of framing any of the artworks in the show. Please make clear in your submission how you intend to install and display the artworks in the show.
The exhibition will display for roughly 4 weeks, and The Hive will promote the exhibition and activity online, in our printed brochure and local posters. A private view of the show will be held in an evening at the start to open the show and guests will be welcome to purchase refreshments from our café/bar.
To apply please send one single PDF document including the following:
• Several high-quality images of the artworks to be included in the show
• Artwork titles
• Artwork approximate dimensions (height*length*width)
• Medium/materials used
• Year artwork was created
• A short paragraph to explain the concept for the solo show (max 250 words)
• A proposed title for the solo show
• A few lines introducing yourself and your practice (max 100 words)
• The proposed outline of a free engagement activity to go alongside the show,
which could be in the form of an artist talk, exhibition tour or creative workshop
(max 100 words)
• Artistic website (if applicable)
For more information or to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission entry cost: Free
Deadline: Monday 1st November 2021